Tuesday 18 December 2018

Day 1 - Activity 1 - The Legend of New Zealand

1. The Maori name of New Zealand is Aotearoa which means the land of the long white cloud.

2. The official language is English and Maori.

3. The largest city in New Zealand is Auckland although its capital city is Wellington.


These are some facts that I found interesting. I have learnt that most kiwis or people that live in New Zealand speak English and Maori. I think that these facts are important as it talks about legends of New Zealand.


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Shinaye,

    Welcome to the Summer Learning Journey! We are so thrilled to have you onboard for this journey. I am a part of the SLJ team who will be reading and commenting on your blogs this summer.

    Thank you for sharing these great fun facts about New Zealand with me. Why do you like these facts? Did you know that sign language is also an official language of NZ.

    Keep up the awesome blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shinaye!
    I like your blog post about the 3 facts on New Zealand. Out of the 3 facts, which one is your favourite? For me it would be the 2nd one. you have done an outstanding job on this SLJ activity.
    Blog you later!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shinaye,

    Well done for completing this activity. I did this activity too. Did you enjoy completing this task? Why? What was the best part of this? What was the most challenging part of this activity? Tell me? I love your top 3 facts. They sounded very interesting as I read along. It's great to hear that you have been learning lots during these summer holidays.

    NICE:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.