Tuesday 11 August 2020

Metaphors | Figurative Language

A metaphor is a word or phrase that is used to make a comparison between two things by saying one thing is the other. Metaphors are a kind of figurative language.  

An example is "Ben's temper was a volcano, ready to explode". The main object is Ben's temper. Ben's temper is compared to a volcano, which erupt suddenly. The meaning of this metaphor is that Ben gets angry suddenly.


People can describe things by using metaphors like: the weather, flavours & other things.

L.I: To describe things by metaphors.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Shinaye,

    Your blogpost is very well detailed and informative. I understand that metaphors are figurative language. What more do you know about figurative language?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Bella
    I know that there is five main categories for figurative language, as you already know metaphors. My question for you is. Do you have a good connection with figurative language and why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Shinaye,

      That's an interesting reply! I don't think I have a good connection with figurative language, however I do enjoy learning about it. This is because I find learning about figurative language interesting, however I might struggle with understanding it. Do you know about any other figurative languge types?

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.